Search Our Site


On Friday 27th September, the TISA Community came together to host their own version of Macmillan’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. Cakes and refreshments were sold along with raffle tickets, children’s competitions and even a face painting corner for our youngest guests.

What began as a casual chat between three TISA colleagues, developed into a collaborative initiative  between parents, teachers, students and wider TISA community members resulting in the most delightful afternoon fundraising event.

As a result, we are excited to announce that together we raised a total of 6036.50(including 1000 book donation from HOMS) added with the money the M4 grade level raised at their own bake sale that same day.  Colleagues at the BP offices also held their own bake sale raising a total of 3000₼ which will be added also, making our grand total 9036.50₼! This money will be divided with 30% going to  the Macmillan Cancer Trust and the remaining 70% will pay for the construction and stocking of a mobile library and acquisition of ‘Joy Jars’ for the Paediatric Oncology Unit at the Thalassemia Centre here in Baku.

This was all made possible thanks to our sponsors Scalini, Head of Missions Spouses (HOMS), i2Offshore, Blue Planet, British Embassy, EXPRO and to many, many generous private donations of drinks and cakes. In addition, thank you to a fabulous army of engaged, enthusiastic parents joining forces to deliver and serve a huge variety of sweet and savoury delights. Thank you to a squad of motivated DP1 TISA students stepping forward to support on the day with whatever task was thrown their way. As ever, a huge thank you to maintenance, kitchen staff and cleaners who are always the quiet backbone of all TISA events. And of course, thank you to all of you who came along on the day to show your support.

We will keep you posted of the mobile library progress in the next month or so. With teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.

TISA Tea Party Planning Team:
Ishbel McGrawLucy Norton, Nicky Bennison, Rebecca Greenall, Sarah Kaczor

Awesome event… great to see parents, students and teachers all working together. Well done.

Lovely, relaxing way to end the week. And all for a great cause.

A huge success and an enjoyable way to end the week


The International School of Azerbaijan

AZ1070 | Yeni Yasamal | Royal Park | Baku Azerbaijan  
+994 (0)12 404 12 01