About the TISA PTA
The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a group of parents, guardians, teachers and support staff who work together to aid TISA’s mission to engage, empower, and inspire the students and greater TISA community.
The PTA works closely with TISA to build a partnership between our families and our school. We believe that together we can help our children and the TISA community be successful.
The PTA helps to:
- Support TISA students and families
- Host student and family events throughout the year.
- Raise much needed funds for local charitable initiatives through the Parent Action Network (PAN).
- Arrange teacher and staff appreciation
Whether you are new to the school or you have been here for a while, the PTA is so glad to have you as part of our wonderful TISA Community.
Meet the PTA Committee
The Committee is responsible for the direction, planning and day-to-day running of the PTA.
The following positions are filled by members of the TISA Community.
- Chairperson - Janelle Williams - The Chairperson heads the PTA Committee and is also a parent representative on the TISA board.
- Communications - Jennifer Greig & Jenna Beanlands - The Communications Team organise the PR and advertising for PTA events and activities.
- Events - Louisa McCarter - Louisa is the brains behind PTA events and activities. We have an exciting year ahead!
- PTA Shop - Kerry Fincham - Responsible for TISA merchandise and PTA shop.
- Secretary - Suzie Moroney - Manages all administrative aspects of the PTA. If you email email@example.com, Suzie will be the friendly face at the other end.
- Treasurer - Nicola Elder - Responsible for accounting and finance.
- Welcome - Tina Tweedley - Supports TISA to welcome new families to the school and community.
VIEW ALL UPCOMING PTA EVENTS
- Primary Reception
- ELC Reception
- Secondary TV
Community Resource List
The Community Resource List contains useful businesses in Baku that have been recommended and shared by our wonderful TISA community. It includes suggestions for shopping, services, restaurants, activities and entertainment. We hope it will serve as a valuable resource to everyone, whether you are new or established here in Baku.
We would really appreciate your help to maintain and grow this list further so that everyone can benefit from the information. If you would like to recommend a business or let us know that something has changed with a business already listed, please complete the Community Resources List Update Form. It's a very simple form and will only take a minute to submit your thoughts. Thank you in advance for sharing!
TISA WhatsApp Groups
- TISA Chit Chat - A general group for all TISA parents to connect and support each other.
- Grade/Year Level - A great way to keep up to date with year/grade level information, parents and updates from the TISA community.
Visit the PTA Notice Board in the Primary reception (TISA 2) for the QR Code to join the WhatsApp groups relevant to you.
How Can You Help?
There is no right or wrong way to be involved – any support you can give, on a regular or occasional basis, will be very welcome.
Here are some examples of ways you can help on an occasional basis. Please fill out the PTA Participation Interest Form to register your interest and we will be in touch.
- Communications Group - give assistance to communications, helping to display posters and signage for specific events.
- Events Group - assisting with the set up of specific events.
- PTA Shop Group - helping to organise and sell TISA PTA merchandise.
- Welcome Group - assisting with the welcome of new families to TISA and the community.
- Parent Helper Group - occasional help where an extra pair of hands are needed.
- Baking Group - baking at home to drop off at an event.
The following PTA positions are vacant and we would welcome your help on a regular basis. If you would like to be considered or to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to a member of the Committee.
- Athletics Events - Supporting TISA Athletics for secondary students.
- Fine Arts Support - For secondary students.
- Teacher Support - The organization of staff appreciation.
- Volunteer/Charity Initiatives (PAN) - To help support the service organizations in the Baku area.
Contact the PTA
Questions, comments or feedback, please email email@example.com.
Event enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.