We engage as thoughtful, generous and resilient members of our local and global communities,
taking action in Azerbaijan and beyond;
We empower one another to pursue personal and academic challenges
with courage and a growth mindset;
We inspire life-long, authentic and principled learning
to create our best future together.
IB Mission Statement
At TISA, four of the five pillars of our Strategic Plan address Global Citizenship and learning: Teaching & Learning, Learning Environment, Well Being & Community, and Leadership & Growth. The belief statements for these pillars shape our concept of high quality teaching and learning:
- Empower each student as a future ready learner.
- Expand and innovate learning environments.
- Inspire a culture of caring, acceptance, and belonging.
- Empower individuals to make a difference.
Inclusion Belief Statement:
At TISA, embracing diversity is fundamental to who we are. We value the varied visible and non-visible identities of our community including age, body shape and size, ethnicity, family make-up, gender identity and expression, language, nationality, neurodiversity, physical ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
We acknowledge that our individual experiences make us unique, and also recognize that we have internal biases. Our students, teaching and support staff, administration and parents are committed to engaging in a continuous process of improvement and growth to create an equitable, safe environment that will have a positive impact on our school, community and wider world.
Global Citizenship Profile
As students and staff at TISA, we collaboratively:
- Develop intercultural understanding through experiential learning and active dialogue with people who are different than ourselves
- Respect diversity and commit to identifying and recognizing the impact of internal biases
- Cultivate an awareness of global issues and the various perspectives involved
- Take positive action and serve within the local and global community
- Adopt and advocate for sustainable practices
High Quality Teaching & Learning:
Learning at TISA empowers students with the knowledge and skills to accomplish their individual goals. Learning is collaborative and moves students from their current understanding to a deeper level.
Day-to-day, our mission to engage, empower, and inspire students begins by ensuring that all learning experiences have:
Clear and aligned learning objectives that students understand
Relevant, engaging and differentiated learning experiences that address the objectives
Aligned assessments and opportunities to demonstrate student learning
Clear and timely feedback that helps measure students’ progress