The Primary Years Personal, Social, Physical Education (PSPE) curriculum at TISA is designed to allow students to develop knowledge, attitudes and skills related to personal, social and physical well-being in order to make healthy lifestyle choices.
All primary students participate in two 50-minute periods of PE per week.
In order to get the most out of their PSPE classes, students are expected to come to class prepared. This means wearing their PE shirt and appropriate indoor shoes with non-marking soles, having a water bottle and a change of shirt to be used after class.
The students will be involved in:
1. Games (invasion games, net games, striking and fielding games).
2. Adventure challenges (cooperative / teambuilding activities during which they collaboratively solve adapted challenges involving physical and critical thinking skills).
3. Movement composition (gymnastics; introduction to a variety of movement tasks on the floor and on apparatus).
4. Health-related fitness (aim to improve individual health and fitness levels).
5. Individual pursuits (further develop the basic techniques in track and field events: running, jumping, and throwing).
At the end of the year we have the Primary Sports Day where all students work in teams in various sporting activities.